After I get off of work I return her phone call, still curious about what she was talking about in regards to Mr. W. She tells me that he won't be home as expected (which wasn't until next week from what I thought) and that was all. The reason the guys he works with were calling was because a lot of them will have to work during the "hurricane" and they want to make sure that all of the wives have plans. Of course I have plans...I've lived here for more than 5 minutes, I have a permanent hurricane plan. Stay unless it's a category 3 or above. If it's a nasty one, I'll take my ass (and the respective asses of my 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 lord-how-am-i-gonna-travel-with-the-damn-beta-fish) northwest to my parents house in the mountains. That pretty much ends our conversation.
I arrive home and check the house phone...no messages and no missed calls. Strange. I thought she said they tried to call. Oh, well!
This morning I receive a frantic email from Mr. W, "Just wanted to write you and see if you are ok. Someone called from work and i didnt want to pick it up. If you do have a problem [Dumb] or [Dumber] has other ways of contacting me. I love and miss you." (Yes, this is frantic for my husband. Mr. I-do-not-email-unless-the-world-is-coming-down-around-us.)
Needless to say, I was pissed. Some moron he works with tried calling Mr. W's cell phone to get in touch with me. Hello?!?! Don't you jackasses remember you sent him out of the country?! And of course what's the first thought Mr. W would have if someone from work were trying to get in touch with him while he's gone on this trip and his wife is sitting at home 23 weeks pregnant with twins? Yeah, poor guy. I immediately emailed him and let him know that we were all fine and that they were just making sure I had a hurricane plan. Then I called one of his bosses and let them know that they had called the wrong damn person and freaked him out...now please write down the right damn number and call the right person in the future. (yes, it was pretty much worded like that, give or take)
Mr. W sent this response, "I'm soooo glad that you are ok. It made me worry when i got that call. I hope im home on time or soon after. I love and miss you bunches and bunches."
I love that man. :-) His co-workers...not so much. :-|
And here's an updated belly shot. I really need to get a haircut and quit taking my picture in the green room with the fluorescent lighting. Ugh.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="302" caption="23 Weeks 2 Days"]
[/caption]
6 comments:
omg stupid communications!
you and the boys are looking good
You look great!
Lid on fish container. Fish container on floor of front passenger seat. Drive gently around corners. We've moved a bunch like that and they've been fine. Or you can buckle the fish into the front passenger seatbelt. Matt drove one from Philadelphia to Texas like that.
Oy! Glad to hear everyone is ok after all the confusion!
Yay for the belly! You look fantastic, despite what you claim about your hair and the lighting.
Your belly picture is SO cute!!! I love it!
I'm confused on the calls. Why did anyone think either of you weren't ok? What was it that wouldn't be ok?
It's always lovely to see belly shots. When you look back on it afterwards it's amazing to see how much your body can change.
J
Thank you for your input on my blog. You're right, there's always posting it on the L&F.
As far as this post is concerned, what turds to freak out both you and the man!.....However, I think it's a cute belly shot:-)
Post a Comment