Tuesday, June 24, 2008

bullets


  • I bought a Snoogle.  I don't think "love" is too strong a word for how I feel about this thing.  I spent a good portion of my day telling co-workers that I wanted to "go home and snuggle my snoogle". 

  • I'm still miserably sick.  I was doing a little better, now I'm not.  I've even begun vomiting again.  I'm still on the Zofran and wishing that I didn't have to work so I could stay home and take the Phenergan, too.  I hate hyperemesis.  It is the devil.  I'm tired of being told to try crackers.  Do people really think that I haven't tried every over the counter remedy out there?

  • My only foods are:  baked potatoes, peeled, with butter and sour cream; bananas; yogurt (sometimes this isn't on my stomach's menu); and occasionally chocolate cake or something along those lines.  Oh yeah, and grapes!

  • My only drinks are:  water; yoo-hoo sometimes; juice sometimes.

  • I am so thankful and blessed to be pregnant (and doubly blessed and thankful that its twins).  I know I sound like an ungrateful little wench, but I am truly grateful.

  • Tomorrow is another day and next week is a new week.  I have hope that I will begin to feel better at any minute.

  • I haven't really been reading any blogs (and therefor not commenting either, I am so sorry.  This is the first night I've opened my laptop in days and will probably be the last time it's opened for a few more days.  And I just don't know how to get caught up on what will probably be around 400 blogs (there are over 200 now waiting on me).  I try to read the L & F at lunch while I'm at work and give some support there.  I'm so sorry.

  • That's not pregnancy glow, that's oily skin.  And not only do I have the oily skin of kid that just hit puberty, but I've got the acne to go with it.  I remember seeing the welt-like pimples my sister had with her first pregnancy and feeling so sorry for her...think she'll swab my back with sea-breeze like I did for her?


And just because I'm enamored with the bump I'm growing, I thought I'd share a pic.  (OMG!!!!  She has a HEAD?!?!?!)  And check out the smile...I wasn't too sick right then and so excited!  Oh yeah, I still need to post an updated pic of my braces...boy have my teeth moved.

15 comments:

Farah said...

Hey Have you tried crackers? or gingerale.... Sorry I couldn't resist.

I hope that you get some rest and feel like a new person in the morning

Io said...

Oh my god Look at that bump!
I hope you feel better soon - have fun with the Snoogle which sounds like heaven.

Jen said...

You look great!

And yes, my goodness, the acne. I've got the acne like crazy. You are doing better than me, I can't see any in your picture. :)

geohde said...

I got big quickly with my twins. I measured 20 weeks at 13, and people were asking if I was pregnant at 11.

You look great :)

Sorry the hyperemesis is still kicking around. I never really felt sick (sorry to rub it in) but what I did have eased up by about 20 weeks.

J

Chas said...

You look great! Hopefully, very soon you'll start feeling like you look :).

Sam said...

That snoogle looks fantastic - I'd buy one and I'm not even pregnant, just very much in love with my bed!! ;-)

Newt said...

I've been thinking of getting a snoogle! Now I'm really going to do it.

You look adorable! Cute bump!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

You look fantastic! I'm sorry you're still feeling so awful, though. I hope it eases up soon!

samcy said...

Wow! You look fantastic! Sorry you feeling sick but I'm sure it will ease up soon.

Jennifer said...

Look at you! Your bump is adorable. I sure hope you start feeling better very soon.

Grace said...

you're looking good girl. so when do we get a closeup of the braces? :)

rebecca said...

oh...you look so cute! snoogles rock! hyperemesis sucks! that is pregnancy in a nutshell!

sara said...

You look great, but gosh I wish you were feeling better soon. My good friend had hyperemesis and I remember how miserable she was. ((hugs))

Ginny said...

I would have loved that Snoogle thing when I was pregnant!

babystep said...

Farah beat me to the punch. My mom used to always give me gingerale when I was little, if I felt sick. Now it makes me sick because I associate it with feeling nauseous!