Mr. W's been outside drinking with the neighbors (guys he works with) for a few hours. And what does he run back in the house to get? Another beer? Check. Some hot wings? Check. Ultrasound pictures so he can "brag"? Check! How freaking sweet! He's as excited as I am and it makes me want to melt. :-)
And that's just the tip of the iceberg for all of the awwwwww things he's been doing since we got the second positive HPT (the first was just so damn faint...and let's face it, we'd seen a positive stick before, but never one that got a lot darker). All this time I thought he was a wonderful man because he has a good heart, he's smart, he can fix damn near anything, he has goals and dreams and works every day for them...etc. Now I'm almost overwhelmed with the love that I feel for this man just because of the love that he's already showing for the lives we're working to bring into this world.
I'm still barely able to eat and quite unable to cook anything other than a baked potato (in the microwave). Mr. W's response? "What can I do for you sweetie? Can I cook something for you? Can I bring you some water? Want me to fix your toenails (he's been begging me to take off the very old nail polish and repaint them, haha)? I'm sorry I'm not done cleaning the living room. I'll empty the dishwasher in a few minutes. I love you." Gives me an affectionate pat on the belly and a sweet grin as he walks off to either fill my any need/want or to continue working on the house.
I love this man. <3
15 comments:
It definitely helps to have a good husband, and it sounds like you've got one :).
He sounds like a great one. What a sweetie!
Sounds great! Take advantage while you can I say! What a sweetie.
Awwwwwww, what a doll! I'm glad you have so much good support. I couldn't even face the prospect of a first trimester without Mr. Newt.
What a sweetie! Isn't it wonderful to see your hubby getting so excited over it all!
Awww, precious!
And re the heartbeats on your babies. . . my baby's heartbeat was in the high 160's, low 170's all the way through the first trimester. . . and he is all boy!
Aw, how very sweet!
OMG, where can I get me one. Can you clone him for me? Sounds like the antithesis of my DH these days!
Mr W is just perfect!
Wow! That is so amazing!
My husband was just about the exact opposite of that when I was pregnant...
What a wonderful husband! He's so excited and eager to participate, and that's great. Enjoy him. :o)
Via NaComLeavMo...
Wow, can you clone him?
my hubby was pretty good during my hg. lol! it left as i felt better. :) you deserve all the pampering in the world right now!
I'm glad you're lucky to have found a good one and that makes all the difference in the world!
Bless your dear sweet husband. Yay for good husbands!
(here via NCLM)
Post a Comment