Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How could I leave that out?

I spent a while the other night reading through all of my posts beginning with the BFP that resulted in my boys.  I cried just remembering seeing the first positive, the first time we saw anything on the ultrasound screen, the first time we saw their heartbeats, finding out they were boys.  What a journey it was.

But I left so much out!  I wrote about how wonderful Mr. W was.  I wrote about how sick I stayed.  I wrote about feeling the boys move.  But I still left so much out!

I wrote about my oily skin and acne, but didn't mention how it all cleared up and how I had the most beautiful skin in the world for the rest of my pregnancy.  I wrote about my nausea (which did not leave me until birth), but didn't really explain that towards the end it was pretty manageable. 

I wrote about the doctor saying that one sac wasn't viable, but didn't mention that she told me this at two ultrasounds.  I wrote about seeing their two beautiful heartbeats, but didn't mention that the doctor told me to not get my hopes up too much about twins since there was still a good chance that "Baby B" wouldn't make it (he was in the "non viable" sac. 

I cried the other night when I thought about this.  I looked at the baby in my arms, "Baby A", and hugged him a little tighter.  I turned to Mr. W and told him he was holding "Baby B", the one that wasn't "viable".  He loved on him a little more.  We are so blessed.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I left a lot out too, now that I think about it. I still haven't even finished my birth story.

uncomplicateme said...

Aww. Blessings indeed. And cute ones at that! :)

Rebecca said...

I should read mine too...I'm sure I left a lot out too. It's amazing though what I did include...silly things (or so I thought at the time) which I treasure now.

sara said...

Aww...that is so sweet....I'm glad that the blessings kept rolling in ((hugs))

Farah said...

so sweet!