this whole fetal echo is haunting my thoughts, now. damnit. and it's probably just routine. and i'm too much of a chicken shit to call and find out. damnit damnit damnit. we'll find out in a little over a week. damnit.
Fetal echo is part of the level II scan, at least at my MFM's office...try not to worry about it! They are just taking precautions because you are carrying twins. I swear. Everything is going to be fine!
I will tell you, at my first scan, they spent so much time on the babies' hearts that I started to freak out a little bit. They didn't tell me what they were doing. Then all of a sudden, after what seemed like forever, my MFM said, "heart is fine." He was just reading the echo!
Easier said than done, but try not to worry. It's the fact that you're having twins...but I'm sorry that they gave you something to worry about. I'm sure I would be feeling the same way. ((hugs))
11 comments:
i believe they are pretty routine nowadays .. esp with more than one
We had a fetal echo around that time with my second. :) Not to worry.
I bet you get lots of extra stuff with two babies. Plus, they block each other and make it harder to see what is going on in there.
Hmm. They haven't mentioned this to me yet, but we're only 19 weeks.
I don't know jack shit about fetal echoes, but I'm glad everyone else said it's normal - I imagine with twins they like to do extra.
Fetal echo is part of the level II scan, at least at my MFM's office...try not to worry about it! They are just taking precautions because you are carrying twins. I swear. Everything is going to be fine!
I will tell you, at my first scan, they spent so much time on the babies' hearts that I started to freak out a little bit. They didn't tell me what they were doing. Then all of a sudden, after what seemed like forever, my MFM said, "heart is fine." He was just reading the echo!
Have faith...
I'll bet you anything it is just the twin factor that is leading them to order the fetal echo. I bet everything will be fine.
Easier said than done, but try not to worry. It's the fact that you're having twins...but I'm sorry that they gave you something to worry about. I'm sure I would be feeling the same way. ((hugs))
Think: No news is GOOD news! I hope you are doing well!
I've never had nor heard of a fetal echo, but my doctor hasn't done half the crap that is supposed to be done with twins SO...
Let us know how it goes!!
You haven't posted in several days so I just wanted to check in and make sure you're ok *hugs*
Post a Comment