Friday, August 8, 2008

Haunted High School? (w/haunted prison)

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/08/08/legrand.haunted.school.wspa


Follow the link to see CNN's story on the ghost at Asheville High School.



This is where I went to high school.  How freaky!  But I'm pretty skeptical as far as ghosts go.  And as far as that school goes...that would be the last place I'd expect to see a ghost in that school.  It has the creepiest old gym (they call it the girls gym if I remember correctly) that's original to the school.  The most recent incarnation of the school was built in 1929 and is quite a beautiful school (in my opinion).  Of course there have been numerous additions over the decades, but it's still a pretty cool school as far as high schools go.




 

Here's another link to some interesting information about the school's past.  http://www.asheville.k12.nc.us/sites/ahs/Welcome/History%20of%20Asheville%20High.aspx

 

 Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the high school and the local prison were designed by the same guy.  Can't you tell!

 



4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that is a beautiful school! Mine was a boring, square, brick building.

Io said...

Seriously? My high school was just a big brick building that was designed by people who design prisons. That's freaking gorgeous - I'd take it with ghosts and all.

Trace said...

That's quite a school. My high school was a circa 1975 building that looked like Greg and Marsha Brady should come prancing out.

sara said...

Wow what an interesting story and a very pretty high school! Mine was so boring and rectangular. You can totally tell that the prison and school were designed similarly though. You have a lot more cool stories about your high school than mine :-)