- My weight is up by almost 7 pounds. In two weeks. Shock. Gasp. They're pleased with the gain, though. For the record, I blame the gain on the protein bars...not the doughnuts, muffins, or biscuits I'm been eating. ;-) I'm still on the Zofran and the nausea seems to have leveled out at a not-so-miserable place.
- The boys look great. They couldn't get an exact reading on the heartbeats with the crappy kiddy-computer-style ultrasound machine they had, but it sounded good and they looked good. Baby A is not laying transverse in the bottom of my ute kicking the crap out of his brother (he literally kicked the entire time she was looking at him). Baby B is laying with his head tucked not-so-nicely into the right side of my pelvic bone with his body and feet going up the right side of my ute. He is the one to blame for my discomfort in the afternoons. But who can blame him when his brother spends his days kicking him in the head!
- My iron looks good so I don't have to take the iron supplements the other doc pushed on me a while back. I told the midwife at my last appointment that I just didn't take them and saw no need to if I hadn't tested as having a low level. She agreed and tested to make sure we were clear. Hooray for being clear. (i've got enough stomach/bowel issues without adding 2 iron supplements to the mix.)
- I go back in 2 weeks for the fetal echo, cervical check, and growth scan. Does everyone get a fetal echo @ 22 weeks?
In unrelated news, expect a house related post within a week. We tore up the carpet in the living room. Has anyone else ever seen what forms under carpet after a decade of wear? All I can say is OMG...
10 comments:
I dont know about the fetal echo but let us know what it is when you get it done. Ripping up old carpet is so gross! I never want to do that again.
I'm glad everything is looking good!
Yuck, I can't imagine what ends up under carpet.
I got a fetal echo at 22 weeks, but only because my hubby's mother and sister have heart problems. And I have to say it was the most boring u/s ever, and normally I'm an u/s whore. I didn't get to see the screen, and even DH who could see the screen was dozing off. The tech really couldn't talk much, because taking such small measurements of every little element within the heart was very difficult and time consuming especially with the baby moving around. It took about an hour with just one baby. I'm betting it will take twice as long with two. Good luck! I'm sure everything is just fine.
I had a fetal echo at somewhere right around 23 weeks, I think...it was my second one. That was the last time, though.
I started out with great iron levels but by the third trimester they had plummeted. I'm sure they'll keep an eye on it for you, but be warned. ;)
Glad all is going so well!
Glad things are going well. I had a 7lb gain in 2 weeks last month and it ended up evening out. Isn't it nice when people are happy you gain weight???
I miss you - hope all is well
Sounds like things are going well and it is good that the zofran seems to be helping some. And glad you were able to bypass the iron supplements!
I never had a fetal echo, but I'm glad to read your boys are doing well in there, and as for the weight gain...I won't tell you how much I stacked on, but over forty pounds was gone by the end of the first week post partum,
xx
J
Congrats on a great appointment and for not having to take extra icky iron anymore! I see a lot of people chimed in about the fetal echo - but no I think not everyone gets one. But with twins it's much more common to. I hope that things continue to move right along - and good luck with the house stuff :-)
Ugg, the stuff that works its way down into people's carpet is disgusting. That's why we decided on hardwood for our current house. You wouldn't believe how much I sweep up on a daily basis.
Post a Comment