Last night I held my husband's hand as he trembled. His face was ashen. His fear was very evident. It terrified me.
Tim has used tobacco products in one form or another since he was a teenager. So has everyone in his family except one grandparent. As long as I've known him he's used smokeless tobacco, he's dipped. He quit before our wedding and didn't pick it back up for almost 6 months. He quit again a few months ago, but picked it back up when the depression and stress became too much for him. He quit again last night.
Every night he brushes his teeth and uses mouth wash. Last night he inspected his gums and mouth and was horrified at what he saw. There are patches inside his cheeks that look like they've been shredded and his gums are discolored and oddly textured. This could be bad. This could be very bad.
Tim's going to give himself a few days to see if the "magic mouthwash" he's using will help his mouth. If not, it's off to the doctor he goes with prayers that this isn't cancer.
Because it could be.
And we're both terrified.
16 comments:
Oh hon. I think for piece of mind (for both of you), he should go to the doctor now. Wishing the very best for you guys.
I'm so sorry, hon - praying for you all! My brother had the same type of cancer scare years ago, and I remember the fear.
That is terrifying. I hope it turns out to be nothing.
I am so sorry. Hopefully it's just a reaction and nothing more. Praying for you guys.
I hope that it just goes away and that in all this turns out to be is the motivation he needs to quit and stay quit.
I've had my own cancer scare when a doc told me I most likely had cancer, it's terrifying, and life changing and I'm hoping that all is alright.
See if he will go to the doc/dentist NOW. Don't play around with it. My husband used to dip for years and he finally quit when I got pregnant with the twins. I nagged him long enough that he finally went to the dentist and everything turned out okay, but it scared him enough to finally quit for good. He chews the nicotine gum like it is water, but that's definitely a better option. And now he goes to the dentist every 6 months religiously and it has removed a big stressor from our marriage.
Thinking of you both and hoping it is nothing.
Praying that it turns out to be nothing. Sending huge hugs to you both.
I'm praying for you guys and sending lots of hugs. Hang in there.
Crossing my fingers that its nothing at all--hope you get answers soon.
Oh honey, I'm praying that everything is fine. Hugs
God, that is scary...I hope things get better and this is a blessing disguised as a really bad scare!
Oh my God! Get him to the doctor now!!
here is hoping that your reading too much into this and he is all clear. My hubby too smokes and has so for many years, he has started talking about quitting but is yet to make the move.
Good luck hun and your both in my thoughts
Has he been to the doctor yet?
Praying for you guys.
Post a Comment