Monday, June 28, 2010

Eye hate waiting

I got Jack's referral for the pediatric ophthalmologist June 16. I immediately called their office to schedule it (the referral was sitting on their freaking desk and they couldn't call me earlier???) and the first available appointment was July 16. So right now we're waiting. Some days his eye looks OK and others it doesn't.

Here's a pic from when it wasn't doing so good. At least he has his new favorite food!


There's a possibility Jack will need glasses. If he does, I already know how he'll be dressed on Halloween...

8 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Oh poor Jack. But he's still such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

He is still cute though!

Stacie said...

Love those baby blues! My son's eyes looked similar to Jack's when they crossed, and he did get glasses. Of course, my first son's eyes didn't cross, and he needed glasses too. It was such fun at one year old! :-)

The glasses helped correct the crossing immediately. Sadly, it wasn't a permanent fix. We also have had the strabismus surgery for one son (and I am thinking the other won't be far behind) which is what ultimately did the trick.

Good luck!

Jen said...

Bummer on the glasses. I just couldn't imagine trying to keep them on a toddler his age! I'm glad you can find the bright side in it even if Halloween only comes once a year.

Danifred said...

Sucks that it is taking SO long to get in. He is still cute as a button!

Sue said...

Don't you just HATE the waiting! I know I do. Good luck when you get there anyway :P

Me said...

Waiting pretty much ALWAYS sucks, no matter what it is you're waiting for!

JJ said...

Please know in all seriousness that I am hoping that all is A-OK with your little guy, but that picture of the bunny suit made me LOL! BIG hugs!