[caption id="attachment_1179" align="aligncenter" width="459" caption="About 3 1/2 Weeks Before Delivery"]
[/caption]But how many after shots have you seen? Sure, we've almost all seen the "jowls of the dog" that a certain Mom of 8 sported before her tummy tuck, but did you know she didn't show it all? She still had belly tucked in.
I finally got the nerve (after losing over 60 pounds) to take a few shots. It's amazing how much your body can stretch to accommodate two babies. It's also pretty disgusting what it can look like afterward*.
[caption id="attachment_1175" align="aligncenter" width="459" caption="About 6 1/2 Months After Delivery"]
[/caption][caption id="attachment_1176" align="aligncenter" width="459" caption="Notice the "flap""]
[/caption]I have 13+ pounds left to lose, but as you can see it will only make the situation ickier. Notice the flap hanging over in the front? It will continue around to my sides once I've lost the rest of the belly fat. See how the skin hangs over the belly button (I only wear the navel ring because the hole gets funky if I take it out)? Yeah, it's not pretty. But I never knew what a twin pregnancy would do to my body!
Well, I'm not really complaining, I just wanted to share. I was always curious what a pregnancy would do my body. Guess now I know! ;-)
*for the record, I would have done anything it took to get my little boys. my body can be repaired, but my heart never would have been if I didn't have them.
4 comments:
I love REAL belly pics - because pregnancy isn't always pretty even though if we're lucky enough the end result is SO worth it. I cannot believe you've lost 60 pounds, that's amazing! You look great! Seriously, I'm not just saying that. Sure you have a few war wounds, but they're well-earned.
Do you ever think about having surgery a la certain-mom-of-8? Just curious because I'm nosy, NOT because I'm making a suggestion. :)
I'm amazed that the human body knows how to grow a BABY. And then it boggles my mind that yours grew two! :)
I know this is not an easy topic for you .. but I am proud of you! VERY PROUD! and that is the results of 2 beautiful healthy boys!
60 lbs - AMAZING job woman!
I agree with the previous commenters -- you look great. And you have accomplished two amazing things -- growing two beautiful and healthy boys and losing 60 pounds. 60! That's amazing. Congrats.
I have a twinflap, too. And striae aplenty.
And a diastasis.
Wouldn't trade it for a heartbeat :)
g
Post a Comment