For all of you out there who have a clue, mind passing one or two to me?
I'm ready to "baby proof" the house. I prepared for the fact that no preparations will be 100% effective. But with double the trouble on my hands, I need to do what I can.
We already have a glorious gate at the bottom of our stairs (this gate) and will be putting a duplicate at the top and in the doorway between the kitchen/dining room and living room. It's a fully mounted gate, but it does give you the option of easy removal of the gate itself while leaving the hardware intact. This is perfect for our doorway.
I have little plugs in almost all of the outlets. I need to buy a few more and move some furniture so I can get to all the outlets. I figure that just because an outlet is hidden behind furniture doesn't mean that the twosome won't find a way to it. Kids seem to have the knack for getting exactly where they shouldn't be.
I'm ordering these for our kitchen cabinets. I'm open to suggestions for our kitchen drawers. I loathe the little plastic hook-y things that you can install, but if that's all I have then I'll use them. I'm also going to buy a latch for our refrigerator. As annoying as it will be I'm still doing it. I grew up with the story of my brother and I emptying my mother's purse, placing everything we could reach from the fridge into her purse, then holding the water dispenser down for a few minutes (she was on a migraine medicine for the first time and didn't realize it would knock her out). Our wonderful stove/oven has an electronic lock on it so it's safe (and all the knobs are on the back). Any other kitchen suggestions?
What about the bathroom? If I leave the door shut and put one of those knob-thingies on the knob, would that work for now?
Ugh. I can glance around my living room and see a million things that have got to find a new home (the fireplace tools are the first things to go...being heavy iron and all). And my houseplants? When they're old enough to really know they shouldn't bother them they'll be fine. But when these boys are first mobile I don't think they'll quite understand that eating the shiny green leaves can kill them.
What are you all doing?
And why is it that almost every time Jack coughs he farts? :-)
5 comments:
Cool new layout. I suck at babyprooffing ... Got any floor lamps - remove those , Tie/anchor anything down that can be knocked over and drink alot!
Ack! I hate those door knob things. Apparently by "babyproof" they mean "Ioproof"
wow... must read blogs more often!
Hehe! Brynn coughs and farts too!
Oh geez...is it that time already? I need to get off my lazy butt and start baby proofing. I have a floor lamp that has Brynn's name calling all over it. I did start by moving our dog's litter box from the front room to the back...that would be gross!
Post a Comment