I'm so sorry I've been a slacker. I could give you tons of excuses, but they're just that. I have been pretty under the weather for a while, but I finally took the jump and decided to blog. So here goes!
- Everything is fine with Thumper as of my last u/s October 25. He was so active it was almost surreal! Yeah, you read that right, HE! I had my NT scan on the 22nd and the tech guessed it was probably a boy due to having too much stuff between the legs to be a girl. I had another free scan on the 25th (love it that MUSC is so big into studies, there's always someone that needs to get certified for something) and the tech agrees with that probability.
- Yes, I would have loved a girl, but I'm equally excited for another boy. I know what a joy they are. Plus, he's healthy, that was my biggest desire!!
- Hyperemesis is the devil. I had started feeling a little bit better, but then it all went to hell. The vomiting became so violent that it was freaking me out, hurting me, and causing blood vessels to burst in my face. (let me tell you how beautiful my complexion is right now.) My doctor prescribed Reglan for me with the warning that it could increase my anxiety or depression symptoms. 24 hours after starting it I was vowing to never take another one ever again due to the panic attacks. Luckily a little over 24 hours and I'm almost completely back to "normal".
- My psychiatrist tweaked my meds a little and I finally feel like my old self, again! Hooray!!!
- Does anyone have any advice for night sweats? I've been having them since almost 8 weeks. They're wreaking havoc on my sleep!!!
- Thank God Tim's mouth is almost completely healed!!! Within a few days you could see a noticeable difference in the discolored tissue. Almost a month later there is ZERO discoloration and only two small patches where the tissue isn't smooth, yet. He's planning on giving it a few more months then he'll schedule an appointment to have everything checked out. I mean it, Thank you God! And thank you to everyone who offered prayers and thoughts for him!!
- They only sent Tim out of town for 4 (I think) days. It was exhausting, but my HG was lighter than it is now, so everything went smoothly. He even came home to a clean house!
- Charleston seems to have forgotten there's a season between Summer and Winter. It also seems to think the seasons are supposed to mix on the same day. The other night it was 33 degrees at night and 75 the following afternoon. Get with it weather!
- I've been horrible with reading blogs, so please tell me what I've missed!
And because I can't mention I've had two ultrasounds and not share at least one picture...
![]() |
| Profile |
![]() |
| 4d missing the top of his head...creeeepy! |


16 comments:
Oh it's so good to read a post from you!!! You've got lots of good things going on, other than the sickness.
Thanks for the pictures of Thumper...even the creepy one!
Oh yay! I was wondering how you were doing. So happy things are a little better. I know you are like me and we just want May to show up and be handed a happy healthy baby. You are definitely about to be outnumbered in your house, but having raised 2 boys already, you at least know a little of what to expect. We find out the sex in a few weeks even though my OB thinks she already knows.
Glad to things are going well!
I am so glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and that Tim's mouth cleared up so nicely! So good to see a blog from you in my reader.
I always think 3D and 4D pics are creepy.
But YAY for boys!
Fabulous news on all fronts. I am so happy you are feeling better and Thumper is healthy!
I'm glad you're doing well. I've been a blog slacker lately too. How exciting to be having boy #2!!!
Yeah! I plan on showing this to my husband b/c he also dips. Maybe this will help him quit as well. Tell your husband I am so proud that he has quit. It is a very hard thing to do.
A boy!!!! You're going to love it (and have a heart attack every day b/c they are NUTS)!!!
Glad to hear about your hubby...very good news.
Hyperemesis sounds horrible...good thing you guys are right on that.
Nothing new here...Crazies are still crazy, Knee is healing, and Christmas is right around the corner!!!
So glad all is going well!! Maybe, just maybe, youll get a pink surprise :)
So sorry you have felt so icky--hope that ALL passes really soon.
Glad that Tim is better!
Gald to hear from you!! Nice to hear that things are getting better for you sweetie!! Hugs!!
Woot for a boy!:-) You and Tim make some handsome ones:)
I'm glad things are looking up for you...um, do we get any belly pics this time around?:)
Thank you for posting. It's good "hearing" from you!
We are having that weather, too~ I have no idea how to dress in the morning. Glad everything is going well!
Hyperemesis is the worst, I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I had it too during my twins pregnancy, and the only thing that worked (and my OBGYN said it was either this or hospitalization) was Zofran. After taking it, I did feel a lot better, started gaining weight (finally) and then I was able to stop taking it shortly after. Love the sonogram pics! Congrats :)
Glad to hear things are looking up!
Congratulations! I love 3d and 4d pictures.
Post a Comment