And the verdict is? The kid is in desperate need of glasses! There is no noticeable muscle weakness, but there is very noticeable farsightedness. The exact words of the doctor were, "He's severely farsighted with a distinct difference between the two eyes." After googling his prescription I'm going to add he has an astigmatism in his left eye as well (R +7.50 SPHERE / L +8.00 +0.75 X 090). He was crossing his eye trying to focus.
With further reading I learned this is very common in children this age as their eyes haven't matured. As they grow things are supposed to fit better (the components of the eyes) and therefor focus better.
I ordered his glasses that afternoon and will hopefully have them later this week (due date is 07/29 at the latest). The doctor explained Jack will have to adjust to having them on, but as bad as his eyes are that may happen within a week. After he adjusts he probably won't want to take them off even for bath time.
We go back in 2 months for a check to see how things are going. Hopefully it won't be too long before the prescription can be changed to something not quite so strong. If, after a good time in the glasses, we still notice his eye crossing then we may have to add some time with an eye patch to help strengthen the weak eye.
OMG it was so fun taking the boys to try on glasses! Jack loved me putting the frames on him. It was so cute!!! Trip began to melt down when he realized he wasn't getting a turn in the frames, so I tried a pair on him. I only wish the picture I took could convey the look he gave me when I did. He didn't try to take them off or anything; he just looked at me like "I am the cutest thing you have ever seen. You know it. Admit it!" (that kid is so full of himself. no clue why. it's not like we tell him he's one of the cutest babies in the world or anything...heeheehee.)
And because I can't talk about little guys in glasses without sharing pics, here you go:
My future's so bright
These are the frames I'm getting! Only add thick lenses...
ADMIT IT! I am THAT cute! You know you think so! ;-)
As a side note, that is the same frames in each picture. It amazes me how different they look on the boys (to me at least). They look so much bigger on Trip's little noggin!



4 comments:
Awww...they are darling on him! Glad you can do something about his eyesight. Hopefully he does grow out of it soon.
It is amazing the difference of the glasses on the boys. I would never have guessed they are the same frames!
Glad he's gonna be able to see so much better now.
And yes, both of those boys are just too cute!
I am so glad it went better than expected. Your boys look SO grownup. Oh my. They are so cute in their glasses.
I like the style you chose!
Doesn't it feel good to be able to name the situation? Then it seems solvable.
Thanks for visiting my review blog today, Amanda!
Post a Comment